Automation Test Analyst - Selenium WebDriver
Posted Jan 05
Clearwater People Solutions Ltd
Reigate, Surrey, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Our client is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Automation Lead to work in Reigate, Surrey looking to pay £45-50,000 per annum + excellent benefits. Please note our client does provide a shuttle bus service from Redhill station.
The established Automation Lead will have strong experience working on automation testing and will have solid experience working with QTP / UFT (please note our client would consider someone who hasn't worked on QTP recently and more Selenium focused) You will have strong experience working on development, application and software testing.
Experience of working within an Agile environment is desirable, you will ideally have experience writing and developing automation test scripts. Previous experience working with Cucumber is advantageous.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the testing team to achieve a more integrated and efficient approach to system test planning and execution.
- Provide input to ensure realistic time scales (effort and schedule estimates) are given for the appropriate level of automation and non-functional testing to be adopted.
- Design, develop and implement automation test scripts. Create automation scripts in programming mode and custom functions and maintain updates to the scripts and object repository.
- Assist the Automation and Test Tools Team Leader to install, customize and administer functional and non-functional tools. Troubleshoot any issues encountered, evaluate and perform upgrades on any of the tools in conjunction with other suppliers.
- Liaise with the appropriate technical subject matter experts (for example the DBA team) in order to agree a strategy for performance testing of changes.
- Design, develop and implement the Performance approach and test scripts. Contribute to and define the performance strategy required for each Project. Create Performance testing scripts in programming mode and maintain updates to the scripts.
- Assist the Senior Automation Analyst as required with identification of bottlenecks and functionality issues with the application when running under heavy load. Contribute to identification of functionality and performance issues, including: deadlock conditions, database connectivity problems, and system crashes under load. Support provision of analysis reports and recommendations to management to confirm the scalability of the applications.
- Perform the role of Quality Center administrator, providing administrative support to all quality center users.
- Working with the assigned ?End to End Test Lead? on Projects, propose and gain agreement to Non Functional (NF) Testing for specific Projects according to the SDLC (understand Technical changes liaising with Systems Development to ensure the right coverage and phases of Testing are completed). Write and agree Test Plans and Approaches for NF Testing. Co-ordinate, execute and report on the preparation and execution of NF Testing phases. Monitor and report on entry and exit criteria. Liaise with other IT areas as appropriate.
- Ensure the Tools, Automation and Test Team uses processes, methods and standards, (according to the SDLC and any other standards in place), to deliver timely, quality testing, maintenance and support. Support the testing and automation framework to the minimum standards specified in the Service Level Agreement.
Please apply for details.
. Date posted: 03/01/2017
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time