Washington College is seeking qualified applicants for the Director of Sustainability. The Director positions Washington College as a nationally recognized leader in the application of sustainability and resiliency concepts in campus facilities, operations, and programming.
• Works with Buildings and Grounds staff to identify and create opportunities for: carbon, electricity, and water savings; innovative, carbon-neutral energy generation; and resiliency.
• Initiates, leads, and supervises campus sustainability programming by working with faculty and academic administration to integrate a triple-bottom-line (financial, environmental, and social accounting) sustainability and resiliency outcomes across multiple venues and disciplines.
• Offers professional development for faculty and staff to elevate the College’s collective understanding of sustainability and resilience, and to inform the College community about regional, national, and international issues of importance.
• Works with ShorePower Coordinator to create student opportunities integrating Washington College’s effort in energy management and sustainability into the larger community, including Chestertown.
• Develops mutually beneficial relationships between Washington College and relevant nonprofit organizations; nongovernmental organizations; governmental agencies and bodies at the local, state, and/or national levels; for-profit companies; funding agencies; and others.
• In conjunction with CES public events, hosts public lectures. Participates in public lectures, symposia, discussions, and other information-sharing sessions to disseminate Washington College’s missions and goals related to sustainability and resilience.
• Works with students to integrate issues of social justice and cultural sustainability into the regional sustainability consciousness.
• Integrates Washington College into state, regional, and national academic movements in sustainability. Serves as liaison to national and international sustainability organizations; participates in annual meetings of those organizations; seeks leadership positions with those organizations.
• Seeks training and education opportunities in sustainability for him/herself, including the pursuit of advanced certifications or degrees, if appropriate.
• Maintains a cheerful disposition, and becomes the embodiment of the sustainability ethos visible on, and off, campus; leads by example.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies/science or related degree in architecture, engineering, management or science, with an environmental focus. Master’s or other advanced degree, strongly preferred.
Minimum of five years’ experience implementing environmental or sustainability programs and demonstrated effectiveness. Experience in a university environment or for a non-profit is preferred.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references through our online portal at https://highereddecisions.com/...ent_vacancies.asp
. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Washington College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse cultural environment and encourages applications from women, minorities, disabled persons, and veterans.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Popular Science