Gazelle Global Consulting
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
This employer requests that only candidates in Netherlands apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not Netherlands, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
Exadata Ops Engineer (Oracle/ZDLRA)
One of my globally leading banking clients is urgently looking for a Dutch speaking Exadata Ops Engineer for an initial 3 month project in Amsterdam. As an Exadata Ops Engineer you will have expertise of Oracle Engineered systems (EXADATA and ZDLRA) with a strong IT Infrastructure background preferably within a banking or financials environment.
Key Skills & Competencies:
* Minimum 3 year experience with EXADATA, operation and maintenance
* Minimum 5 year experience as senior Oracle Engineer on Linux with ASM
* Solid experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager
* Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
* Database as a Service (DBaaS) Cloud Services
* Extensive experience with UNIX Shell Scripting, SQLPLUS en PL/SQL is a "MUST"
* Experience with working in DevOps teams (Agile/SCRUM)
* Knowledge of Lean practices (eg, waste identification, visual management)
* ITIL, Cloud, Performance & Tuning, clusters knowledge are a must.
* Working-level knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices
* Understanding of the Scrum methodology (eg backlog and spring planning, review and marketplace)
* Great English and Dutch communication skills, verbal as well as written.
* Bachelor/Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Flexible to work in standby shifts and extra hours sometimes including weekends.
* Your education and background
* Professional and intellectual IT ability at university level - at least Bachelor's degree
* Experience from working in high performing Agile IT teams
As a Exadata/ZDLRA Oracle Ops engineer, you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of our clients engineered systems estate which is the heart of their Database as a Service (DBaaS) Cloud Services. You are a team player working as a core member of a team with end-to-end responsibility for the DBaaS infrastructure services. You will work in close corporation with the DBaaS teams (approx. 30 people in 4 different countries) who create the high quality DBaaS Cloud Services for our clients consumers worldwide.
The operation and maintenance is from the hardware up to the Operating Systems on the host of the EXADATA's. Excluded are the databases and ASM.
You are responsible for the availability of the service of your team, you identify and analyse problems and take the lead in solving incidents. You will be actively driving the quality of the delivery of operations, and taking every opportunity to automate and eliminate manual labour.
As the operational and maintenance role will grow with time setting up and documenting the operational procedures are an important delivery. Standby duties are part of your role and some activities will be planned and performed outside normal office hours.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you will be a flexible, customer focused team player and who can work independently if needed.
You have no problems with deadlines and can handle pressure and stress.
You have strong communication skills (written and verbally) and you feel comfortable communicating on technical level with other IT professionals.
You will love to share your knowledge and experience with your colleagues by documenting, giving trainings, demo's.
Contract: to 31st March 18 with likely extension.
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 3months +
Pay: 75 to 90 EUR (Euro)
Pay Period: Hourly
Other Pay Info: Negotiable