Posted Mar 31
Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom
This employer requests that only candidates in United Kingdom apply to this job.
You appear to be located in United States, not United Kingdom, so you will not be able to apply for this job.
J.P.Morgan understands the competitive advantage of Technology Innovation and top quality Technologists. We therefore spend $8 billion on technology every year. We have 25,000 technologists serving over 100 countries.
Our Technology department is re-engineering our existing systems that support the Middle and Back Office processing for a broad range of products, such as Securities, Foreign Exchange, Payments and Derivatives. The processing functions include Trade Confirmation, Settlement and Accounting.
Our systems are large scale, complex and mission critical, so we need the smartest technologists to make the re-engineer exercise a success. These applications are enterprise level and built using a variety of technologies, we are however specifically seeking talented Java professionals to complement our existing teams as well as form the basis for newly created teams across the UK.
You will need skills in Object Oriented Programming, Data Modeling, XML, Messaging, Multi threading, RDBMS, Spring, J2EE, TDD and Hibernate.
What can we offer you?
• A place were like-minded professionals achieve results and get things done
• The chance to succeed with an industry leader
• A positive environment for independent, highly motivated people to progress their careers
• Unrivalled development opportunities
• A truly inclusive culture - we are proud of the diverse backgrounds of our employees
• A strong business, despite the challenging market conditions
• Great benefits package
We want you to help us grow our platform with ingenious, long lasting solutions that support our ambitious plans to expand our business.
You will be working within a team and will be involved in all stages of the development life cycle. This will include active participation in an Agile development process, embracing direct business engagement and a continuous improvement mindset. Coaching and mentoring team members will form a critical part of the role, as will influencing business leaders. We would also be looking for you to proactively lead projects and drive change management initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
What skills and experience will set you up for success?
• Very strong technical knowledge and can engineer quality solutions across different technologies, predominantly with Java but not limited too.
• Highly developed leadership skills and the ability to build and motivate high performing teams
• Coaching and mentoring team members
• Agile development techniques and lean thinking
• Ability to bridge the gap between the business and technical strategies
• Problem-solving and analysis. An ability to translate business concepts in to solutions
• Taking responsibility for helping teams to focus on continuous improvement
• Enhancing your agile/ scrum/lean thinking skills is a priority for you
• You bring a fresh perspective and implement inventive solutions
If this matches your aspirations, reach out to us now to discuss how you can join the team by clicking APPLY.
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Other Pay Info: Competitive DOE