Wage/Hr: $14.00 Hours/Week: 40 Minimum Age: 55
Assess the geochemical impacts of proposed hard-rock mining projects pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act and recommend appropriate measures to protect human health and the environment. Review Environmental Impact Statements and supporting technical documents for adequacy of geochemical data and analyses and advise EPA Region 9 and other federal agencies accordingly.
• Provide expert analysis of geochemical characterization and prediction of the potential impacts of mine-influenced waters for proposed hard-rock mining projects and written assessment and recommendations regarding appropriate measures to ensure protection of environmental resources and human health.
• Provide expert analyses of proposed mine design, operations, closure and post-closure activities and written assessment and recommendations regarding appropriate measures to ensure protection of environmental resources and human health.
• Review and provide written comment on other assigned projects that could impact surface water and/or ground water resources.
• Assist other EPA Regional Offices in reviews on mine-related projects involving geochemical analysis.
BA/BS Degree in Geochemistry, Chemistry, Geology, Mining Science or mine Engineering OR Minimum of 15 year(s) of experience in mining geochemistry.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience working with Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, or Forest Service would be desirable.
• Experience required with MS Word, Excel, Fax, Copying Machine
• Microsoft Outlook
• May be asked to attend occasional conferences or workshops sponsored by EPA Region 9 or the Office of Federal Activities. Otherwise, most training will be on-the-job training. EPA sponsored trainings that may be offered include NEPA Clean Air Act Section 309 Training, Clean Water Act Section 404 Training and others.
• Overnight travel: Potential exists for overnight travel 1-3 times per years for 2-4 days each trip.
• Air travel anticipated: Potential exists for overnight travel 1-3 times per years for 2-4 days each trip.
To Apply: https://www.nowcc.org/...details/?position_id=3706
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Popular Science