ITSS is a growing IT Support Company on the west side of Cleveland. We work with entrepreneurial businesses and non-profit organizations as their outsourced IT Department. Our business model allows us to either assist an existing IT department or to be the IT department for a company. We are experiencing rapid growth and are looking to expand our workforce. We believe working hard and having fun are equally important. We are a group of problem solvers and are willing to think differently to solve a unique problem or to provide a different solution.
This position provides the highest level of support to end users by handling service requests that have been escalated by lower tier technical staff. Support may be provided onsite, remotely, over the phone, or via email. The Engineer will be required to develop solutions for complex network, desktop, and server problems and will need to have the ability to independently analyze existing systems and make proactive recommendations for improvements. A Tier 3 Technician will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and implementing all systems, applications, and networking configurations.
* 5 or more years of recent computer, server, and network troubleshooting experience
* One or more of the following certifications: MCSE, CCNP, VCAP would be advantageous, but qualification by experience is also acceptable
* Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment
* Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot technical problems
* Advanced knowledge of current Microsoft desktop and server operating systems
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Exchange, SharePoint and other server applications
* Advanced knowledge of computer and server hardware
* Familiarity with network troubleshooting
* Professional customer service skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills; documentation of tickets worked is vital
* Ability and willingness to work in an environment providing 24x7x365 support; flexibility with working hours is required.
* Must have a valid driver's license and own vehicle.
* Provides resolution for escalated service tickets
* Works with clients to evaluate and solve technical problems
* Evaluates existing systems and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement system changes
* Configures and supports internal and/or external networks
* Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations
* Troubleshoot network performance
* Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
* Installation of new equipment and implementation of new services
Candidate Skills Qualifications:
* Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team
* Must be able to accept critical feedback and be open to new ideas
* Must be able to work within allocated time and financial budget
* Must be forward thinking and be able to make critical decisions
ITSS - Who We Are:
At ITSS, we know your potential cannot be captured in a resume and that you're much more than a job title. We know you are the sum total of previous experiences with boundless potential. We also know that what is important is not simply what you can do, but what you want to do. Which is why we do our best to resources our employees by helping them discover their unique talents, interests, and goals to best connect them with career opportunities to inspire success.
ITSS professionals can earn some of the most comprehensive benefits in the industry. Along with competitive pay, your benefits may include: Medical, disability, life insurance, IRA, flexible spending accounts, and holiday pay.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include all of the following to be considered for interview:
1) Respond to hr with Subject Line: ITSS - Tier 3 Tech (ApplicantLastName)
The body of this email should include paragraphs that provide a.) introduction to you, b.) why you'd like to work with ITSS, and c.) a suggestion to improve our website, d.) 3 business references with phone numbers and professional relationships, e.) a short essay about what you're good at and what you love to do.
Some suggestions for this third section:
* If you connect with people easily, tell us how.
* If you are a problem solving expert, show us.
* If you have a burning desire to help people work smarter, we want to hear about it.
* If you love customer care and dream about making customers happy at night, let us know.
* If you have a passion and aptitude for network improvement, demonstrate it.
* If you are an exceptional people person, prove it.
* If you are the world's best team player, entice us.
Lastly, you should write something that you know about ITSS.
2) Attach Resume as a PDF document with file name: ApplicantLastname, Firstname - ITSS Tier 3 Tech - resume
Employment Type: Permanent
Work Hours: Full Time
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on Popular Science