Located along the beautiful coastal waters of Vancouver Island, Cermaq Canada Ltd. is a salmon farming company focused on operational excellence. With our skilled team, we strive for a high quality product achieved through sustainable aquaculture practices. Our award winning safety culture and opportunities to develop and grow within the company makes Cermaq a great place to build a career.
Cermaq Canada is currently looking to fill the full time position of a Treatment Technician for our Tofino Saltwater operations. This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of the new Hydrolicing barge as well as carrying out the daily tasks associated with the Hydrolicing and other possible lice treatments.
As the Treatment Technician, you will receive a competitive wage on a pay-for-performance system, a corporate bonus program, and premium company benefits including a matching retirement fund after successfully completing the probationary period.
• Knowledge of and comfort level working with vessel systems including power, plumbing, pumps, and electrical systems.
• Team player with the ability to get along great with others and always looks to lend a hand.
• Ability to work independently and without supervision; take initiative and apply your critical thinking skills to solve problems.
• Strong fish husbandry, fish health, and a mechanical aptitude required.
• Comfortable working around computerized and remote systems.
• Physically fit, enjoys being outside, are willing to work in all types of weather conditions, and are comfortable being on the water.
• Dependable, safety-oriented, and possesses a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
• Camp-based position; exact schedule to be determined. Schedule is 80-hours bi-weekly.
• Ability to travel internationally for training and to farm sites as needed.
• Prerequisite to hiring include a physical fitness assessment and criminal record check.
• International and regional travel required.
• Only applicants who are legally allowed to work in Canada will be considered.
How to Apply:
If your qualifications meet the application requirements and you would like to apply for this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter in person, by fax, or by e-mail, stating “Treatment Technician” in the subject line by June 26, 2019 to: Office: 203-919 Island Highway, Campbell River | Fax: 250-286-0042 | E-mail: the email address provided
Cermaq Canada is an equal opportunities employer who provides a workplace that is free of discrimination.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.